(the above photo was the sky on Tuesday night!)
We’re actually headed to Indianapolis tomorrow! We’re spending a speedy 24 hours there to see a friend, a brewery, and an Umphrey’s McGee show. Then, when I get home, I’m rushing right to Feast in the Field! Guess what – they’ve released the menu!
- Fried squash blossoms stuffed with smoked duck confit and served with a savory sabayon and petite beet terrine
- Langoustine Banh Mi
- Winslow’s Jar of Peas
- Local spring vegetable ragout with prosciutto consommé and Goatsbeard Farms fresh goat cheese
- Barbequed glazed Heath Putnam Farm mangalitsa pork belly over Hodgson Mills yellow corn cake and bacon jam with a mélange of Overlook Farm pickled carrots, Ozark Forest shiitake mushrooms, radish “shards,” and Claverach Farm shoots
- Chicken liver mousse pot sticker with carrot, tomato, pickled radish pod, and crispy giblets
- Claverach Farm and Vineyard white wine and garlic-braised rabbit saddle and rabbit rillette stuffed grape leaves, pickled carrot, and shallot salad
- Beet/Chocolate/Black Raspberry Dessert
- Carrot Cake
That doesn’t sound delicious or anything, right? Not at all.
(omg I can’t wait!)
Anyway, I’ll let you know how both Indy and the Feast go!
As for last night, Matt picked up wings and he grilled those with asparagus. He is so wonderful – not only did he completely make dinner but he also cleaned up and ran to Walgreen’s for a few necessary items (wine, Starburst, shampoo…you know, the basics). He’s awesome!
Celery – Organic (celery is on the Dirty Dozen!)
Asparagus – Local (asparagus is on the Clean 15!)
Question: Do you like meat on the bone? Seems like a lot of people don’t. I just love it!
Question: Weekend plans?