As we sit only two days out from Food Media Forum, I stand amazed at what a few food bloggers (with the help of FEAST Magazine, of course) can pull together over a good meal and a few tweets. FMF started as a pipe dream, but five food bloggers refused to let that pipe dream slide to the bottom of their Twitter feed. Emails were sent, ideas were thrown, and all of a sudden, we were at Schlafly Bottleworks making that pipe dream a reality.
On behalf of our organizers and FEAST Magazine, we thank anyone that has retweeted, posted to Facebook, commented, or simply thought this might be a good idea. We hope to continue this tradition in the future and can’t wait to see it come to fruition on Saturday.
Another big event that begins this weekend is St. Louis Craft Beer Week! Just like last year, there’s a flurry of events all around the area (including my side of the river!) to celebrate the incredible surge of craft beer love in STL.
Find the full event schedule on the STL Craft Beer Week website, STL Hops, or follow them on Twitter – @stlbeerweek . We are attending a local craft beer dinner at The Block (and drinking our fair share of local craft beer all week, of course!). Check out the menu:
- Caramel peanut popcorn; maple glazed pork belly confit; chilled corn soup
- Crab salad with compressed watermelon, basil vinaigrette
- Halibut with roasted peaches, caramelized onions, lemon thyme, Peach berliner reduction
- Rensing’s Farm Pork Trio with tomato jam, grain mustard pork jus
- Roasted grass fed ribeye with wild mushrooms, pork fat fries, horseradish emulsion
- Coconut cake with chocolate marshmallows, brown sugar ice cream, toasted almonds
…and that doesn’t even include the beer pairings! Seriously, stomach already growling.
Enjoy the rest of your week!